PROCEDURES FOR NEW SEWERAGE CONNECTION
- Customer needs to submit application for new sewer connection by letter or by physically reporting at the office.
- Customer will explain the location of his/her plot and the area for verification of availability of existing sewer.
- Sewer technician will visit the site of the customer and see the possibility for connection. If the Sewer needs to be passing through by the space left by two plots, The customer will be given the special form that justify the agreement between the owners of that space and being witnessed by street chairperson, then it will be submitted to DUWASA for reference.
- The SDCE will consult stakeholders e.g. Municipal Council, TANROAD, TANESCO& TTCL for the work security and avoiding any inconveniency during implementation upon verification of the boundary for the plot.
- The sewer technician will survey the area and providing the sketch of drawing on how to connect and estimated distance from customer to the nearest and possible sewer and submit to SDCE ready for designing.
- SDCE will design and prepare estimate and submit to the SEE for further check up and approval. And the detailed of the design will be given to the sewer technician for preparation of the drawings.
- Once the drawings and all design documents completed, then the SDCE will call and give it to the customer for preparatory works on purchasing materials and technical cost of the work. Customer will be informed about the supervision cost if he needs for the works to be supervised by DUWASA.
- The customer will be required to pay a new sewer connection fee to DUWASA (New connection section) after the stage of inspection and preparation of drawing completed if and only if he/she has an account for water supply system (Bill); otherwise the execution will not done unless further agreement.
- SDCE have to ask the customer when he will expect to commence the work so that SDCE will be noticed and come for supervision. Once he paid then he will notify for the day of execution of works and SDCE will be supervising the works.
- The sewerage technician will supervise the construction of the sewer with manholes under close supervision of SOME and SDCE to permanent connection to the public sewer. The sewer construction will be completed at the connection to the public sewer.